The best evidence of why we need a good salt in our diet is that our blood, sweat and tears are salty and our bodies saline solution bears the closest resemblance to the mineral composition of sea water. When we consume a good quality well balanced Sea Salt we replenish our body with essential minerals and trace elements that have been striped from refined table salts.
At Salt of the Earth we believe the best method of harvesting Sea Salt is simply by hand. Our Salt is naturally dried by the sun and wind then collected by farmers using long wooden tools. This is the only way to ensure all of the natural trace elements found in sea water are retained. 24 Minerals present in Sea Salt are regarded essential for life. These minerals work in coaction to replenish the body and flush out any excess Sodium Chloride. Enhancing the flavour of foods and aiding digestion........ It is indeed the salt of life!
Did you know that refined salt is washed & bleached making it more attractive and uniform in appearance, it is nothing more than a harmful by-product from industries that remove the minerals for their commercial value. During this process they also add anti-caking agents (Aluminium Silicate) to avoid the salt becoming moist and sometimes artificial sources of Iodine (Potassium Iodate). When the refining process is over the salt looks great, flows more easily out of your saltshaker, but 82 of the 84 trace elements have been extracted leaving you with solely Sodium Chloride. Our bodies are not designed to absorb Sodium Chloride alone, thus contributing to a wide range of health problems today.
BEWARE of cheap imitations. To ensure you are getting what you paid for consider the following criteria:
- It is important to check the salts Mineral Analysis. If this is not available I would question its integrity.
- Hand Harvested Coarse Sea Salt naturally retains moisture. If the Salt appears dry anti-caking agents have been added.
- If the crystals are large and clear the product has been washed and therefore is no better than refined table salts.
- No matter what label is given to cheap salt it is merely a by-product that contains not much more than Sodium Chloride which has been massed produced to save money.
- Prior to purchasing, ask if they test for pesticide residues, have they got a mineral analysis, do they have any information on sea salt?
- You can be guaranteed that Salt of the Earth's Celtic Sea Salt contains all of the benefits throughout this website. 100% Organically Hand Harvested with no additives, just as nature intended.